Collection of Your Personal Data
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person that enables a third party to identify this person, directly or indirectly.
The provision of your personal data is optional and you can generally use our website without revealing any personal identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain areas of our website, we may offer you the opportunity to contact us or we may request information from you to verify that you are a healthcare provider. In these cases, we will collect your personal data.
We will collect your personal data:
- when you contact us through the email addresses provided on our website, when you subscribe to our mailing list or when you use our career opportunities portal;
- when we answer your requests and comments made through the above communication channels;
- via cookies and trackers used on our website.
Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to:
- manage our relationships with you, e.g., to communicate with you in response to the requests and comments you communicate to us, to send you our alerts, news and financial information, etc.;
- manage our external and financial communications;
- manage the recruitment of our future employees;
- comply with our legal obligations and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement authorities.
The bases upon which we process your personal data include the following:
- Pursuance of our legitimate interests, for example, to provide you with information that enables us to better know you, to answer to your requests, etc. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected;
- Performance of any contract we execute with you; for instance, in our relationships with our investors;
- Compliance with our legal obligations; for example, to respond to legally binding requests from regulators, law enforcement authorities or other government authorities;
- Collection of your consent, when required.
Recipients of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Amarin group companies: the personal data we collect about you is intended for Amarin and its affiliated companies and their employees only;
- Service providers: i in some cases, your personal data may be disclosed to our service providers that perform business operations for us; for example, to send you our news. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only insofar as it is necessary for them to provide these services to us;
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party: we may share your personal data with these recipients when we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party. Where permitted by law or regulation and reasonably practicable, we will attempt to notify you when we are required to share your personal data under these circumstances;
International Data Transfers
Because we operate as part of a global business, the potential recipients of your personal data referred to above may be located outside the country in which you are located. We may transfer your personal data to our entities and service providers located outside the European Economic Area, some of which may have laws on personal data protection that differ from those of the European Union and that do not ensure the same level of protection for personal data. We will ensure that your personal data is adequately protected when transferred. We rely on appropriate safeguards in doing so, such as execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses of the European Commission.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We only store your personal data for the period necessary and proportionate to the purpose of the processing detailed above and to enable us to:
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any requests, complaints or adverse events reports;
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Manage our relationships with our investors.
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data by Amarin:
- Access to your personal data;
- Rectification of your personal data;
- Erasure of your personal data;
- Restriction of processing;
- Data portability;
- Objection to the use of your personal data;
- Withdrawal of your consent, if the processing required your consent for collection;
- Provide instructions about the processing of your personal data after your death.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at the following address: [email protected].
Security of Your Personal Data
We implement technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks posed in the normal course to the personal data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
Should you have any questions regarding any privacy issues you may have, or you wish to access\amend\or erase any of your personal details, please email [email protected].